I don’t purchase fruit for this recipe. I either use fruit from the tree, in season, or tap into my preserved fruits after they have been thoroughly drained.
Kristy's Stonefruit Slice - Regular Recipe
- 130 grams butter soft, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- .67 cup caster sugar
- 30 millilitres brandy or cherry brandy if desired
- 1.33 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 12-16 pieces stone fruit lower quantity for larger pieces, larger quantity for average size pieces
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Line a large glass (or ceramic) rectangular baking dish approximately and lightly oil.
- If necessary, in cases such as with peaches, or to your taste, remove skins from the stone fruit and put aside. For instruction on removing the skin, refer to some simple instructions here: https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/how-to-peel-peaches/
- Place butter, eggs, caster sugar, brandy, flour, baking powder, and salt into a food processor, or using a bowl and beaters. Blend all ingredients thoroughly. Pour immediately into the glass dish and spread edge to edge with a spatula. (Don't worry if it appears to be quite thin.)
- Cut stone fruit into wedges and place them evenly over the mixture. They will naturally sink in as they cook.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 180 degC, until a wood skewer comes out clean. (I tend to turn the oven off at 30 minutes and just leave the dish in the oven until it has cooled.)
- Allow slice to cool before slicing and serving onto plates. Dust with icing prior to presentation.