With her birthday party quickly approaching, Miss Joyful did not use her excitement as an excuse to stay up late and not get sleep. No, after dinner, she diligently set to work preparing sausage rolls before getting washed up and tucked into bed for a good night of sleep ready for the big day ahead.
She offered for us to record her cooking, like one of her older brothers does at the moment, and it is finally out of production for you. The recipe is for you below too!
Quick & Easy Sausage Rolls
- 48 sausages 16 cut in half
- 16 sheets puff pastry cut in half vertically
- 2 eggs cracked into a mug and whipped with a fork
- After pastry has thawed as per instructions, place one half sausage and one whole sausage end to end along the length of each piece of cut puff pastry.
- Apply egg with a brush along one long edge of the pastry. Roll the pastry over the sausage towards the edge with egg and press to secure.
- Cut sausage roll length into 6 equal pieces and place on a baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Cover the sausage rolls with egg wash before placing in an oven at 200°C fan forced or 220°C regular oven for 15-20 minutes. Will require time to put each batch through.