When Jeremy bought the Thermomix, I asked my Mum every day when it would be arriving. I got to use it for the first time two days after it arrived. Mum asked me a couple of weeks ago why I was so into cooking, especially, now that the Thermomix arrived. She asked if it was because it made cooking less scary? I said, “No, it was just because I knew it was worth over two thousand dollars so I just wanted to cook with it.”
- 1 lemon peel zest only, no white pith (optional)
- 60-100 grams sugar to taste
- 30 grams corn flour corn-based for gluten free, not wheaten
- 2 eggs
- 500 grams full cream milk
- 5 drops blue food colouring
- 1 large tin pear halves (approx 800-900 grams / tin)
- Place lemon zest, if using, sugar and cornflour into the mixing bowl and mill 10 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add eggs, full cream milk and food colouring and cook in the Thermomix for 7 minutes/90°C/speed 4.
- Serve warm in a shallow bowl, add pear halves to side of dish, as many as desired.