This is a really simple recipe that is designed for our camp kitchen when we travel as a family. It is very scaleable and is designed to be flexible in how it is put together. Our course, it’s simplicity makes it suited to groups of different sizes also.
BBQ / Hot Plate
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 chicken breast fillets sliced into strips
- 1 red capsicum large, sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 100 grams snow peas topped and tailed
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1 small tin bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan Stir Fry spice mix available from Gourmet Morsels
- 0.5 vegetable stock cube usually to make 250ml (check quantity by brand)
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 420 grams peas tinned (or 500g frozen)
- 1.5 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- On a hot grill plate fry off the chicken with a tablespoon of oil, store in a container to keep warm.
- In a pot, add all the pot ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- In a second pot, cook the rice, lid loosely on, until almost dry and then take off heat to complete cooking by absorption.
- On the hot grill plate, then fry off each of the other vegetables with the second tablespoon of oil.